Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Trendy Twine 12 Days of Christmas Day 10

Good Morning everyone, and welcome to Day 10 of our Trendy Twine 12 Days of Christmas. I just have to say what a FABULOUS 9 days so far, I'm a little sad there are only 2 days left after mine :( 
So for my gift giving inspiration I created a snowman candle holder. Can I just tell you that this was so much fun to make! Here's my snowman all lit up.
I purchased some dollar store round candle holders and painted them with mod podge. Next I placed both jars in a large bowl and began putting handfuls of epsom salt all over the jars. I let them dry and added buttons and a Trendy Twine scarf using Frosted Cranberry. But this is a gift so I had to package it just perfectly :)
The best way to give a gift is with some candy right? I filled the top with some fun candies!

I used TT's Cone Bags and more Frosted Cranberry. to package up some yummy chocolates.

This is such a fun and inexpensive gift to give and you could add another holder on top or even a fun little face too!


Stop by the store and grab these items and you can make some too :)

Click here to shop.
 Click here to like us on Facebook.
 Click here to join our Twine It Up Facebook group.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Beth F. said...

Your project is so unique and personal! I love it!

jessica said...

WOW WOW WOW Shelly!!!!
This is AMAZING!!!
Super project!!!

~Tammy~ said...

OMGee! I am head over heals Loving this!!!! Someone is super duper lucky! You are amazing!!!! LOVE It!

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...amazing!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!! I never would have thought of Epsom Salt!! How fabulous this is, Shelly!! It looks amazing!! Gorgeous project my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Such an awesome snowman treat container! I just love everything about your project, so very creative! The buttons and twine scarf are such a festive touch! Love the yummy candy too!

Migdalia said...

OMG!! Amazing project!! Super cute, COOL, fun and very CREATIVE y friend!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Sherrie K. said...

Seriously creative girl! LOVE this and then to top it off with yummy chocolates...yum, who wouldn't want to receive this! SO fun and so clever!!!

Hope you had a great time with the girls! I need a weekend away..hehe! We are just now planning a trip to NY sometime in March or April. My son just moved back out there from LA. So, I am looking forward to another trip to NY! Love to go to the broadway shows and so much to do there:)
Trying to finish up some last minute thing this week..my cold is dragging me down so looks like my weekend will now be full of running errands, ugh! Was hoping to stay away from the store over the wknd-it's nuts out there!
Have a great day my friend!
Sherrie K

Kimberly J. said...

This is so cute!! I love that little snowman! Great use of the cone bag too :)

Diane said...

What a super cute idea.

Hugs diane

June Houck said...

Epsom salt...brilliant! Your snowman candle is precious and perfect ; I love the twine "scarf" too :)

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

I would have never thought to use Epsom salt. It has to be so much easier than glitter. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Helen said...

I just love this!!

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

You come up with the cutest ideas, Shelly. This candle holder is such a wonderful gift; and it has a treat, too! Brilliant!

Lesley
Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a festive idea! So clever!